Try the new Cowal Way app
Dear App User
Thank you so much for showing an interest in our innovative Loch Lomond & Cowal Way mobile app. We think you will like it. Please use the app when walking the Loch Lomond & Cowal Way – we believe it will enrich your experience.
The key attributes of our free app are as follows:
- it is a convenient and free information tool for walkers, runners, cyclists and other users
- the app is downloadable prior to the walk (or during the walk if there is good mobile phone connectivity) and works entirely offline
- it shows users where they are on the path, using a map-based system with GPS
- a key feature of the app are the 14 ‘sites of interest’: users can read about these sites and/or hear about them
- there is also a list of accommodation outlets whom have advertised on the app
- the app will work on i-phone and android formats
The funding for this app was kindly provided by the Coastal Communities Fund (see https://www.biglotteryfund.org.uk/ccf for more details). Loch Lomond & Cowal Way has agreed to make this app format available to other Long Distance Routes (LDR). This means that other LDR’s can have their own app at a reduced cost, because Loch Lomond & Cowal Way has paid for the initial development costs.
To download the free app, please click on any of the links below.